Old 31-07-2007, 10:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Andy Spragg Andy Spragg is offline

Default Tomatillo trailblazer seeks similar to share experience

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 01:22 +0100 (BST), Steve Harris wrote:

In article ,
(Andy Spragg) wrote:

But what about their so far complete
inability to convert flower to fruit?

I've grown them outdoors and they fruit fine - although not until
September. I wonder if they are not getting pollinated in your
greenhouse?

Another thing that stops them fruiting is too much nitrogen fertiliser.

A useful bit of gardening software at
http://www.netservs.com/garden/

I don't know - other things seem to be, unless they are selfing. I did a
bit more homework after I posted this and I found that the fruit is
supposed to be enclosed in a paper lantern thing - like Physalis. I've been
getting plenty of the lantern things but they've all been falling off ...

Andy

--
spargeatbtinternetdotcom

We must be fearless