Old 31-07-2007, 11:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emrys Davies Emrys Davies is offline

Default No future in my fuschia

"Frank Booth Snr" wrote in message
I have a trailing fuschia which so far has flowered brilliantly.

However
I've recently noticed that the stems have stopped making any further
growth, and no new flower buds are being produced. So it appears in a
couple of weeks there will be no flowers left The foliage looks very
healthy and otherwise everything seems normal.

Is this a normal habit? I have another trailing fuschia, but different
variety and that continues to make new growth.

You do not say for how long is has flowered brilliantly. If it has
flowered over a long period it may well be 'spent' and ready to take a
well earned rest.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.