Old 01-08-2007, 02:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Amos Nomore Amos Nomore is offline

Default Weather souvenirs

In article , Charlie wrote:

http://www.michigan.gov/hal/0,1607,7...2395--,00.html

I might add that it is prudent to allow the boiled sugar water to cool
just a tad before pouring it into the crystallizing apparatus. I just
had a strong memory triggered by this recipe - on our first attempt we
poured the boiling saturated sugar solution directly into the peanut
butter jar which immediately shattered and would have scalded us smartly
had we not been young and spry. Perhaps peanut butter jars are
manufactured to a higher standard today, though I doubt it. A mason jar
designed for canning would take the heat.

That grandson'll be spinning out of control all over Creation! That's
real sugar, not that sissy pansy liver-damaging fructose they're pushing
on our youth these daze.