Old 01-08-2007, 05:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
jOhN jOhN is offline

Default Weather souvenirs

Amos Nomore wrote:
In article ,
jOhN wrote:

It's not all rain here in central Texas this summer. Fortunately these
were somewhat soft hail stones.

jOhN
[Image]

Whoa. Hope nobody got clocked in the noggin. I'll bet a bunch of cars
got pockmarked.

snip

This hail was very localized on a few nearby streets. Each stone was
really a single ball as big as a shooter marble with a bunch of smaller
stones frozen to the outside. They would explode like a hand grenade
when they hit.
I talked to a couple of kids that were at the neighborhood pool when the
hail started and they both got whacked by hail stones. They said it hurt
a lot but they seemed fully recovered when I was talking to them.

FYI: all the hailstones we collected went into an ice chest of beer left
over from a weekend party - how's that for a green footprint?

jOhN