Old 01-08-2007, 07:12 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
George[_6_] George[_6_] is offline

Default Bigger pond

"Phyllis and Jim" wrote in message
ups.com...
Galen,

That seems a huge water table change! Do you see that as a function
of housing? Has it stabilized, or is it still falling?

When we lived in Miami, we had water pretty near the surface. That
was 22 yrs ago.

Jim

More likely, a combination of local overpumping of the aquifer and the long
drought Florida has been experiencing. I assume Galen lives in Florida.
It's a recipe for sinkholes. I hope the subsurface where he lives isn't
karst limestone. He might wake up with an unpleasant surprise some
morning.

George