Old 01-08-2007, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default BBC Countryfile 'Summer Diaries'

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 18:43:55 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 31/7/07 17:14, in article , "Charlie
Pridham" wrote:

We are in the corner of Culdrose's flight path so they are constant
here,
you get used to them.

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Aha! Maybe that's it. Isn't there an open day today or tomorrow?

Culdrose is a few seconds away from us by helicopter and we get them
all the time, as well as the fishery patrol planes. But we hardly
notice them. Culdrose air day today, 1st August, so there will be
masses of traffic, on and above ground.

--
Chris

Living on the South Coast of the Isle of Wight, we get the Rescue Choppers
over quite often :-(
Light planes into and out of both Sandown, half a mile away, and Bembridge 4
miles away.
A few private helicopters of people who live just south west of us and
commute to England
The Coastal Command Nimrod which patrols the Channel. (Not seen it lately)
High flying passenger jets to/from Heathrow and Gatwick
Low flying passenger jets into Southampton
Microlights
Hangliders riding the updraught from the cliffs a few yards to our east

and none of it is intrusive believe it or not.

We also have an acrobatic bi-plane but he flies high and what he does with
that plane !!!!!!!

Mike

Reunion Bournemouth August/September 2007
www.rneba.org.uk