Old 01-04-2003, 07:08 PM
Rich Conley

Default Compact Fluorescent vs. Fluorescent

It may be that T12 and T8s are interchangeable only if you use an electronic
ballast..and not a tar, or magnetic ballast...

I'm not totally sure though.

Rich

Ron Nelson wrote:

Actually I picked up some Home-Vue shoplight fixtures from Lowes if I recall
correctly that do not work with my flora-sun T-8 bulbs. So I would recommend
doing a little research on the shoplight fixtures first. I ended up buying a
JBJ Power Compact 4x65 and haven't looked into it any farther myself...

Ron

"Rich Conley" wrote in message
yeppers

JJOPP wrote:

Do the T8's work o.k. in standard aquarium hood and/or "shoplight"

fixtures?

JJ