Old 01-08-2007, 04:59 PM posted to sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,rec.gardens.edible,sci.agriculture.fruit,sci.bio.botany
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Why do ripe fruits -- especially when canned -- smell bad? -- excluding apples and cantaloupes

In article
,
Billy Rose wrote:

Sensitivity to tobacco smoke just means that it isn't common in your
environment.

I won't argue with that, but it did not used to annoy me to be behind a
car at a stoplight with a smoker! I really do think that the proper
supplements have enhanced my sense of smell.

Tobacco is very addictive, as witnessed by people on
ventilators, smoking during treatment. Leaving ash trays would just,
as we say now, enable smokers to injure themselves and others. The best
thing that ever came from tobacco was the Bob Newhart routine about Sir
Walter Raleigh phoning England to tell them of his wonderful new
discovery.

lol Too funny, thanks!

--------
. . . Tob-acco... er, what's tob-acco, Walt?...
It's a kind of leaf, huh?...
And you bought eighty tonnes of it?!!...
Let me get this straight, Walt, you've bought eighty tonnes of leaves?
This may come as a kind of a surprise to you Walt but come fall in
England, we're kinda upto our...
It isn't that kind of leaf, huh?...
Oh!, what kind is it then... some special kind of food?...
Not exactly?...
Oh, it has a lot of different uses, like, what are some of the uses,
Walt?...
Are you saying 'snuff', Walt?...
What's snuff?...
You take a pinch of tobacco, ha! ha! ha!...
And you shove it up your nose. ha! ha! ha!...
and it makes you sneeze? ha! ha! ha!...
Yeh, I imagine it would, Walt! Hey, Goldenrod seems to do it pretty well
over here!
It has other uses though, huh?...
You can chew it!...
Or put it in a pipe!...
Or you can shred it up...
And put it in a piece of paper. ha! ha! ha!...
And roll it up. ha ha ha...
Don't tell me, Walt, don't tell me. ha! ha! ha! you stick it in your
ear, right? ha! ha! ha!...
Oh! between your lips!...
Then what do you do, Walt? ha! ha! ha!...
You set fire to it! ha! ha! ha!...
Then what do you do, Walt?...
Ha! ha! ha! You inhale the smoke, huh! ha! ha! ha!...
You know, Walt... it seems you can stand in front of your own fireplace
and have the same thing going for you!

http://monologues.co.uk/Bob_Newhart/Tobacco.htm
----------

A different observation is that I take medication for hypertension (had
it all my life) but it didn't seem to be working. I started drinking
water with "self heal" steeped in it and my blood pressure went to
normal (123/76), which is most un-normal for me. I use 3 oz - 4 oz
chopped-"self heal" (mint and lemon added for flavor)/ waterpitcher. I
let the water pitcher stand for at least an hour and then refill with
water as needed for 2 - 3 days (It is the drinking water). The putative
effects were immediate and enduring. I still take my medications but,
with the doctor's consent, I will cut back on them to see how causal
the relationship is between the "Prunellae vulgaris" and the
hypertension.
--
FB - FFF

I've also heard that lime juice and coconut juice mixed work for
hypertension. And no, that is not meant as humor...

What is the common name of that herbal please?
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.