Old 01-08-2007, 05:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore Pam Moore is offline

Default Courgettes from own seed

On 1 Aug 2007 10:54:44 GMT, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:

In article ,
"Bob Hobden" writes:
| "Pam Moore" wrote ...
| I saved seed from a pumpkin one year, and also grew courgettes.
| I had one large, marrow-shaped, pumpkin-coloured and pumpkin-textured
| "thing"; Marrette? Pumpow? Sadly I did not save the seed. I could
| have introduced a new variety.
|
| Surely it was either a courgkin or a pumpette? :-)

Not if it was grown to maturity. A markin or a pumpow.

Yes, actually, I put it in the local show ( unusual vegetables) and
named it pumpette ( thanks Bob for the reminder!)
It won £1, first prize, but was the only exhibit in that class!

Pam in Bristol