Old 01-08-2007, 07:59 PM posted to rec.gardens
Buderschnookie[_2_] Buderschnookie[_2_] is offline

Default Why are the lower leaves of my potted sunflowers turning yellow?

"CSmith" wrote in message

I am a 100% novice gardener!! I have planted sunflowers (in pots) which
are just beginning to flower however the lower leaves are turning
slightly yellow and brown-dry in places. Is there something I should
be putting in the soil? Should I remove these leaves or let nature
take its course?
Thanks in advance for any help!

They need food.
If they yellow from the bottom up they need macronutrients, and if they
yellow from the top down it's micros.

--
Toni
Hills of Kentucky