Old 01-08-2007, 11:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Photos of 'climbing' Pelargonium

On 1/8/07 22:30, in article
, "Dave Poole"
wrote:

Very nice Sacha - looks very much like 'La France'. It is vigorous
enough to do that and was very widely grown 15 - 20 years ago,
appearing in almost every hanging basket. 'Mexicana' (red and white
semi-double) and 'La Roulette' (crimson semi-double) are as vigorous
and I've grown both as 8ft. pillars in big planters outside.

David, that's wonderful and thank you so much. I can't find P. La France on
Google imaging so do you have a suggestion of a source for a photograph?
Would Fibrex have this, perhaps? The 'at least 15 years' comes from one of
the gardeners who started working there 15 years ago and found that
Pelargonium already established. It is *just* possible that if it's P La
France that is a sort of present-giving reference just a few years earlier
from my sil's French family to the Jersey based family.
Acquaintance of yours was in yesterday, Peter from way up north, with his
sister. Very nice people.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk