Old 02-08-2007, 02:06 AM posted to rec.gardens
mleblanca mleblanca is offline

Default Do seeds have to ripen on the plant?

On Jul 31, 8:45 pm, helco wrote:

snip The main seeds I'm worried about are pokeweed and
nightshade. So -- will pokeweed and nightshade (and clover) seeds
continue to ripen if they're still very green when the plant is cut?

helco

Oh, I wouldn't take any chances with that pokeweed!!
Some how one made it to the berry stage in my yard and
the birds love them. They ate them of course, and I have
had a zillion little pokies a-pokin' up all summer.
Bag up those berries and get them outta there.Compost
the stems only.

Emilie