Old 02-08-2007, 02:48 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Rachael Simpson Rachael Simpson is offline

Default Muddying Up the Gene Pool: Are Genetically Modified Foods Causingan Allergy

Glenna Rose wrote:
Thank you for posting this. This may very well explain my middle son's
sudden allergy to tree nuts. He is the only family member with this.
However, he and his family eat far too much pre-processed food, including
fixing their girls' food in those "microwaveable" containers that are
"home-cooked good."

A couple of years ago, he wound up in the emergency room and nearly died -
he has no idea what contained the tree nut or oil as they were eating at
his wife's sister's house. He knew he had the allergy; he did not know he
was being fed something with tree nuts or oil in it. He is also allergic
to sweet potatoes; again, the only one.

Glenna

You're welcome! I'm glad you found it interesting and possibly helpful.
My uncle has recently been going thru something similar to your son's
problem. Only my uncle's sudden allergy is with processed tomatoes
apparently.