Old 02-08-2007, 08:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default scaffolding pole levering out bamboo?

"johngood ............." wrote in message
Could anyone please give some practical advice or crafty tips on getting

rid
of a lot of tall invasive Bamboo plants (and runners that push up new

shoots
from the lawn) from a small suburban garden?

I was thinking of some scaffolding pole cut flat at one end and being used
as a long lever resting on a block of wood. Would appreciate advice from
someone with practical experience of removing Bamboo. Thanks

That's exactly what Mike Bell (with the national collection) uses I use a
saw then a mattock!

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk