Old 01-04-2003, 07:56 PM
Unique Too

Default for Shiva - replacements for Mr. L (?)

"Shiva" writes:

This still sounds gorgeous. I want to know where you got your DD, where
torgo got his, and how different the respective parts of FL where you each
live may be.

I bougth mine from Giles when they were still open. DH happened to see a
similar rose in a nearby garden and asked why I couldn't buy "that kind,"
instead of the OGRs I usually came home with. So on my next visit, I bought
"him" a DD and myself 5 others. DD has come to known as "his" rose. Good
thing too, or I'd have taken it out. Really I don't like it all, it's an ugly
plant with huge leaves that blackspot even with spraying and IMO stinks!
Sounds just like your kind of rose. g
Hum, I missed that Torgo was in Florida. I usually catch things like that. So
I'm glad you asked the question, I want to know the answer as well. I thought
you knew, I'm near Orlando.

Here an open flower and a bud can actually clash when put in a vase
together. I know I just did that last week. This is a very changing
rose, rarely are two blooms the same color at the same time.

I cannot imagine I might want this rose for the vase--although if the
fragrance is that nice I might. In any case I love the ones that are
changable. True to life.

You know, I really like Mrs. Dudley Cross because she changes to much, but this
one just doesn't do anything for me.