Old 02-08-2007, 09:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Davy Davy is offline

Default scaffolding pole levering out bamboo?

"johngood ............." wrote in message
Could anyone please give some practical advice or crafty tips on getting

rid
of a lot of tall invasive Bamboo plants (and runners that push up new

shoots
from the lawn) from a small suburban garden?

I was thinking of some scaffolding pole cut flat at one end and being used
as a long lever resting on a block of wood. Would appreciate advice from
someone with practical experience of removing Bamboo. Thanks

Using a scaffolding pole or a post over a brick pivot is the recommended
method for pulling out old fence posts. Except that it is not practical to
get the pole/post under the old post - so it is simply tied to the old post
just above ground. I wonder if you could just tie the end of the pole to the
base of bamboos and then lever?