Old 02-08-2007, 06:01 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Duncan[_2_] Duncan[_2_] is offline

Default crickets/grasshoppers

I dont know if you can buy them this time of year but my IPM supplier ( The
Bug
Factory) recommends praying mantids. They eat just about anything and they
are very cool looking.

"Frank H. Kirchner" wrote in message
Hi all-

Hope summer is going well for everyone and that you are having good growth
on your orchids.

I'm hoping the collective wisdom of the group can give me some guidance
for controlling grasshoppers and crickets in the orchid collection. Right
now, most of the plants are outside and my annual crop of
crickets/grasshoppers are beginning to appear. Suggestions for managing
these voracious pests?

Thanks and happy growing.

--
Frank H. Kirchner