Old 02-08-2007, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Skokiaan Skokiaan is offline

Default Humane Mole Traps?

On 26 Jul, 07:56, Skokiaan
wrote:
Has anyone actually caught a live mole in on of these?

http://www.pestfree.co.uk/livemole.htm

Or are they a waste of money?

Chris

Well from all the replies it seems no one's tried one yet & I shall be
a pioneer!

Thanks for all the advice but I've tried nearly all the methods
suggested already, except for hitting it with a handbag!

One method not suggested, which I tried, was pouring urine down the
holes, it also didn't work. Someone said that female urine was more
effective, but trying to coax the wife into participating was met with
a stony glare & I did not pursue it.

Flooding the runs with a hosepipe also seemed a good suggestion, after
about four hours I began to get a bit worried as to where all the
water was going......until I noticed my pond liner floating on the
surface!

The only method to work reliably is the barrel traps, but twice I've
found moles caught by the foot, and I'm not too sure that they kill
the moles quickly even when they do catch the mole properly.

Chris