Old 02-08-2007, 09:23 PM posted to rec.gardens
jmagerl jmagerl is offline

Default Green pumpkins

"Pat Kiewicz" wrote in message
jmagerl said:

snip

Choosing the variety carefully would help. There are shorter and
longer season varieties.

The 'Cinderella's coach' pumpkin is possibly a squash of the buttercup
type (Cucurbita maxima) named 'Rouge Vig D'Etampes' which is very
long seasoned (and no where near the eating quality of a buttercup).
130 days to maturity.

snip

When they say 130 days to maturity, is that from when the fruit first forms
or from when you palnt the seed?
Example: I planted the seeds indoors on May 1. May 31, I stuck the plant in
the ground, July 15 is when I saw my first fruit. Will I have ripe fruit by
HAlloween with a 130 day maturity? Chicago area