Old 03-08-2007, 04:37 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Dave Gillingham Dave Gillingham is offline

Default Den speciosum

Gene, if it's curvicaule, it's from the tropics. Still usually grows in the
mountains, so cool conditions, but doesn't need as much cold as some of the more
southern varieties. Depending on the extent of your interest I could scan a
couple of paged on curvicaule from one of my references & post them here for
you.

Ross Harvey, of Cedarvale Orchids, grows magnificent speciosums. His cultural
notes are at: http://www.cedarvaleorchids.com/culture.html

On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 13:38:12 GMT, "Gene Schurg"
wrote:

Thanks all,

I guess I'll just have to be patient. I think the var. I have is
curvicaule.

Pat, pot them up and sell them. There's alway a sucker like me that thinks
he grow them out and wait for the blooms!

Good Growing,
Gene

Dave Gillingham