Old 03-08-2007, 05:18 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly Eggs Zachtly is offline

Default Removing small roots from lawn

jeffc said:

"Eggs Zachtly" wrote in message
jeffc said:

For crissakes people, yes I know what roots are for. If you don't want
answer the question, don't answer, but this is pretty annoying.

Your question was answered. I also gave you an alternative solution, which
would be more beneficial to your lawn, as well as your trees. Apparently,
you missed it (or you're determined to damage your trees).

No, I don't need a lawn vac because pine needles aren't a problem.

Sure they are. You just don't understand chemistry. That's cool. =)

I don't
need compost because the grass I'm transplanting comes with 3" of it's own
"compost" - it's healthy grass with enough dirt underneath transplanted with
it.

Ok. Then why do you need to cut the roots? You should be able to just lay
the sod right over them. It's the lesser of the two evils. You don't
understand trees, either.

This tactic has worked fine for me whenever I've tried it, and no it's
not "magic" grass

No shit? I was being facetious.

and no the transplanted grass doesn't "suffer the same fate".

It will, if you don't get a grip on the acidity. Of course, the falling
tree could do more damage than the acid, I'll give ya that.

--

Eggs

-I started out with nothing... I still have most of it.