Old 03-08-2007, 09:23 AM
gooner gooner is offline
Registered User

Default New Lawn from Seed

Hi

10 days ago i seeded a lawn (measuring 14m x 2m).

I've been keeping it moist throughout this period.

I am now getting a little worried that the new lawn is looking rather "thin". Lots of blades have germinated, which have now reached a height of 1-2 inches, but there are a vast amount of areas where there's nothing.

Some blades appear to be 2 inches apart from their neighbours. Is this right?

Do I need to reseed, or am I being impatient?

(I followed the recommended application rate for the seed - and even went a bit over)

Many Thanks for your help.