Old 03-08-2007, 12:43 PM posted to rec.gardens
FragileWarrior FragileWarrior is offline

Default Green pumpkins

(Pat Kiewicz) wrote in
:

jmagerl said:

When they say 130 days to maturity, is that from when the fruit first
forms or from when you palnt the seed?

Days to maturity generally means from the time of transplant (or, when
direct seeding, from the time of emergence).

I guess that's why I get orange ones so early. Mine just grow where I
threw the guts from last year's. None of that fussy start-em-in-the-house
stuff for me. In fact, I usually have two dozen of them starting in my
fire pit, too. By April, they've already got a good start. And our Black
Spring didn't slow any of them down.