Old 03-08-2007, 10:56 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray B Ray B is offline

Default Was: Den speciosum - Now:Venger's

I don't recall a lot of details, but Rod had some sort of cancer that
required the removal and reconstruction of most of his jaw, and I recall
their adult son needing at least one liver (?) transplant, and may even have
died. I do know that they went out of the orchid business citing "other
interests".

The domain is still active, but seems to be the home site of commercial
links of all sorts.

"tenman" wrote in message
Ray B wrote:
Rod Venger gave me a seedling many moons ago. It's in a basket, hung up
with the vandas, and growing bigger by the 'bulb (they're at 18"-20"
now), but still no flowers.

Does anyone know what's become of the Venger's? I remember them fondly and
often wonder how they are.