Old 03-08-2007, 09:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default Water Butt Irrigation

"Kroma" wrote in message

"brian mitchell" wrote in message
(WaltA) wrote:

On Fri, 3 Aug 2007 00:57:20 +0100, "Emrys Davies"
wrote:

I do not think that it will work simply because the force of water will
not be sufficient for it to percolate effectively along the length of
hosepipe. Hopefully I am wrong.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

You are right that the hydrostatic pressure will reduce along the pipe
the further from the butt, ( the loss will be determined by the size
of the holes I think, without going back to my books

It won't be a particularly long run of irrigation hose - maybe 3 to 4
metres in a straight line.

From all the replies, I think I may give it a go. Now, should I leave the
end open or will the water simply rush out of there and reduce the flow
from the holes (possibly leaving me with a flood)? How big should I make
the holes?

Thanks,

Kroma

Don't make any holes. Use the irrigation hoses as mentioned in my two
postings.

Have you followed the threads and visited the two sites quoted?

Job done for you.

Where is the problem?

Why mess about with Heath Robinson ideas when there is stuff on the market?

Mike

Reunion Bournemouth August/September 2007
www.rneba.org.uk