Old 03-08-2007, 02:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Howard Gem Tiller

HI Judith

On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 11:38:12 -0000, "
wrote:

I want to buy Edward a tiller for our new veggie garden in France, at
the moment it is a field! He mentioned Howard Gem in a conversation a
few weeks ago, anyone know anything about them?

Don't know anything about the Howard range - but I did have first-hand
experience of a machine made by Agria.

The guy who supplied our polytunnel kindly loaned me an AGRIA 3600/321
- which I used to work a pallet-full of peat-free compost into the
waterlogged soil in the polytunnel in order to improve it & dry it
out.

I'd only used 'old-fashioned' rotovators before - and this thing was a
revelation - easy to control, very maneouverable, powerful - wish I
could afford to buy one ! It made fairly short work of rotovating the
polytunnel (three times !) - I'd still be digging it over now if I was
doing it by hand....

Details of this machine, plus some bigger ones from the same range on
his website

http://www.fruithillfarm.com/cat/_agria.shtml

Hope this helps
Adrian