Old 03-08-2007, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback Broadback is offline

Default Allen shredder & similar users help

WaltA wrote:
On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 10:17:56 +0100, Broadback
wrote:
Following recommendations here I have purchased the above shredder. A
question or 2 please from users. It shreds easily and quickly, however
when shredding hedge cuttings through the large hopper I get quite a lot
of very fine shreddings (almost dust)blowing out of the chipper throat.
Is this normal, have I a problem, or is there a way to stop it? TIA

Have you got it sorted ?

Having been away for a couple of days I have not yet tried all the
recommendation's, for which I thank you. I am shredding cuttings from
holly, beech and mainly hawthorn. The problem was worse when I threw
some broad been stalks in, I learnt that lesson. As regards the hammers
mentioned I can see none of those in my shredder. There is a disk which
has cutters on, on the reverse side is a cutter to deal with bigger
sticks. Incidentally feeding sticks in is a bit of a problem, as they
are not drawn in but need feeding all the way, which of course is not
possible, without finger risk. Finally there is a metal bar, about 4cm
wide, 25cm long with a hole at one end and chamfered at the other, what
is that for please?