Old 04-08-2007, 01:20 AM posted to rec.gardens
loonyhiker loonyhiker is offline

Default Mystery plant

Years ago my friend gave me this small plant and I can't remember what
it was. Then the privet hedge took over and I thought this died. Now
we are in the process of cutting down the privet to put in a new
flower bed and this is what I found. This plant has grown probably 20
feet tall and grew over the privet to get to the sun. Here are the
pictures of the leaves and the long stem:
http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w...t=tallstem.jpg
http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w...owerleaves.jpg

If anyone has a clue, I'd really appreciate it. I don't know whether
to cut it back and hope it eventually flowers or cut it down. Thanks.