Old 03-08-2007, 09:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
halgren halgren is offline

Default Was: Den speciosum - Now:Venger's

Ray B wrote:
I don't recall a lot of details, but Rod had some sort of cancer that
required the removal and reconstruction of most of his jaw, and I recall
their adult son needing at least one liver (?) transplant, and may even have
died. I do know that they went out of the orchid business citing "other
interests".

The domain is still active, but seems to be the home site of commercial
links of all sorts.

Got an e-mail from Rod about 6 months ago. Seems like he has fallen on
pretty hard times (the cancer and the rest of the problems really did a
number on his finances and pretty much the rest of his life, as these
things tend to do). His health is still not very good, but he does
spend a lot of his time on the internet. Not in orchids, though.

I got a lot of plants from him that I still have...

Rob