Old 03-08-2007, 11:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mark4asp mark4asp is offline

Default OT OT Excel ??????

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 09:24:00 +0100, "'Mike'" wrote:

I wish to put numbers in a cell which commence with a '0'. For example 067
but when I go to the next cell, the number reverts to just 67.

I can get over it by putting an 'O' (capital o), but this then does not Data
Sort properly.

Can anyone help please?

Mike

select the range of cells that you want to display numbers in this
format. Use the commands:
format, cells..., Number, Custom

type
000

into the "Type" text box.

This will display as 067, and you will still be able to do calculations
on the number.

If you enter it as "text" by typing single quote 67 ( '67 ) you will
no longer be able to do calculations with it.