Old 04-08-2007, 04:32 AM posted to rec.gardens
mleblanca mleblanca is offline

Default Sticky pots today

On Aug 3, 12:44 pm, Janet Baraclough
wrote:
The message .com
from mleblanca contains these words:

I survived a foray into Lowe's today. But there was one temptation:
a new Shasta Daisy, 'Gold Rush'. shaggy and a light golden color.
Pricey.
/what would Luther Burbank think, after all his years of hybridizing
to achieve a pure white Shasta Daisy!!!

Bet he'd be thrilled :-) I have it and it's gorgeous, more cream than
golden, and shaggy.

Well, he just might at that. He was certainly an amazing man.
Glad to hear that it is gorgeous in the garden as well as in the pot
I'll check other nurseries; a couple others will probably have it
But WHERE will I put it???? It'll be 'musical chairs' time again

If you really want white, then there's a lovely shaggy white one
called Aglaia which is superb in the garden and also for flower
arranging. It never needs any support even in my windy garden and
flowers for a very long period.

You know, I did have Aglaia at one time. It disappeared--"thank you
Gophers" (before I started putting wire around things)
Right now I rather like 'Wirral Pride' I think I'm going to dig up
the
tall Shastas that flop all over and give them to the garden club sale
More Room for newbies!!!!

Janet

Emilie
NorCal