Old 04-08-2007, 03:37 PM posted to rec.gardens
Rachael Simpson Rachael Simpson is offline

Default The Mother Of All Droughts

Way Back Jack wrote:
This part of west-central Md. has gotten almost zilch rain this
summer. Usual mowing is once every 10 days, but I haven't mowed since
June 29, except for the lower area where's there's a pond and creek.
All the other grass is light brown. 1977 was bad and I went the
entire month of August 1980 without mowing but this is worse.

Oh well, guess I'm saving gas.

You aren't the only one saving gas in the mower. So far, I've only had
to cut grass once this year. We usually have to cut every 7-10 days,
starting in march, but not this year. The only good thing about the
drought in my opinion. What grass we still have is crunchy!

Parched in the sandhills of NC
Rae