Old 04-08-2007, 04:06 PM posted to balt.general,rec.gardens
David E. Ross David E. Ross is offline

Default The Mother Of All Droughts

On 8/4/2007 6:55 AM, Way Back Jack wrote:
This part of west-central Md. has gotten almost zilch rain this
summer. Usual mowing is once every 10 days, but I haven't mowed since
June 29, except for the lower area where's there's a pond and creek.
All the other grass is light brown. 1977 was bad and I went the
entire month of August 1980 without mowing but this is worse.

Oh well, guess I'm saving gas.

You said "ALMOST zilch rain" (emphasis added). Did you get any at all?

It has been 106 days since our last measurable rain. We won't likely
get any rain until October or November. But if we get a La Niņa
condition this winter (as predicted), we might not get rain until late
2008.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean