Old 04-08-2007, 04:46 PM posted to balt.general,rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default The Mother Of All Droughts

Note: The biggest problem with trees during drought on urban trees is over
watering. Water just enough to moisten the absorbing roots in the upper 4"
of soil.

Nurse logs in forest and tree farms are water reservoirs for trees during
dry times. I.e., once they have become in a sponge form with soil contact.
The more nurse logs the better it is for trees and associates.

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Arborist
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman
and www.treedictionary.com
that we are not the boss.

"Way Back Jack" wrote in message
This part of west-central Md. has gotten almost zilch rain this
summer. Usual mowing is once every 10 days, but I haven't mowed since
June 29, except for the lower area where's there's a pond and creek.
All the other grass is light brown. 1977 was bad and I went the
entire month of August 1980 without mowing but this is worse.

Oh well, guess I'm saving gas.