Old 04-08-2007, 05:19 PM posted to balt.general,rec.gardens
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default The Mother Of All Droughts

Way Back Jack wrote:
This part of west-central Md. has gotten almost zilch rain this
summer. Usual mowing is once every 10 days, but I haven't mowed since
June 29, except for the lower area where's there's a pond and creek.
All the other grass is light brown. 1977 was bad and I went the
entire month of August 1980 without mowing but this is worse.

Oh well, guess I'm saving gas.

It's raining here today for the first time in months. Hopefully it will
save the corn and soybean crops.

I was in Houston last week, and my dad says it has been the wettest
summer he has ever seen there (and it rained almost every day while I
was there)

Bob, in southern Minnesota