Old 04-08-2007, 02:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David \(Normandy\) David \(Normandy\) is offline

Default OT OT Excel ??????

Massive book :-((

Mike

Make sure you take regular backups of your files to CD, memory stick or
other media and preferably ask someone else (a family member) to keep the
copies at their house.
The lost count of the number of times over the years I've heard the sad tale
of people writing a book or PhD thesis on a computer only for the hard drive
to fail or computer get nicked - and no backup copies!

The reason for keeping backups "off-site" is in case of a fire. People
commonly keep backup disks in a draw next to their computer which of course
become useless too. If you are concerned about third parties looking at your
backups then simply password protect them, or use WinZip with encryption and
a password.

A question I'm commonly asked is "How often should I do a backup of my
work" - I always give the same reply "How much work are you prepared to lose
and have to re-do?"

David.