Old 04-08-2007, 03:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes[_2_] Alan Holmes[_2_] is offline

Default green potatoes

"Robert (Plymouth)" remove my other
hobby to reply wrote in message ...

"keith" wrote in message
Maybe not a proper gardening question but a lot of the potatoes we buy in
the supermarkets just now ,turn green.The green appears to be only on the
peel but I have read somewhere that green potatoes can be poisonous.Has
anyone in the group noticed this and also should we be worried ??

Yes I've noticed it on my aunt's potatoes but she ate them with no ill
effects

I usually just cut off the green bits, and I think I'm still alive!