Old 04-08-2007, 09:19 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
bent bent is offline

Default What's right soil for ROS cutting: sand, or perlite: what?

SO; I just did a little reading, but still need some back to basics
My first task is to get the dirt: apparently HD has perlite, if not I could
go to a nearby nursery. Assuming they have both, would I use?:
100% perlite
100% coarse builders sand
a mix (& what %ages)

If I can I would just like to use the one and only pot(s) right up to
transplant, but in that case the soil would be the same right from the
beginning to the transplant time, or unless I re-used it, a waste of soil if
I had to change all the soil in the large pots. Is one pot/soil possible, or
am I supposed to put it into "soil" after at time, but before transplant
time. Its ok; I just don't have an eficiency or space limitation, and it
would be less fuss with single pot(s)/soils.

wrt the plastic greenhouse, is the top and everything compleltely closed off
, and if so how do I water?

btw, I have three (+1) 12"Diameter pots: Are these big enough to get to any
significant size?

12" H black plastic w/ 4 drain holes

10" H plastic w/ 4 drain holes

8" H ceramic w/ 1 drain holes