Old 04-08-2007, 10:30 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly Eggs Zachtly is offline

Default What's right soil for ROS cutting: sand, or perlite: what?

bent said:

SO; I just did a little reading, but still need some back to basics
My first task is to get the dirt: apparently HD has perlite, if not I could
go to a nearby nursery. Assuming they have both, would I use?:
100% perlite
100% coarse builders sand

Find something much finer than "course builders sand".

[...]

wrt the plastic greenhouse, is the top and everything compleltely closed off
, and if so how do I water?

It's just a plastic bag to keep the humidity up. How difficult would it be
to just remove the bag to water? Good grief. Common sense, man.

btw, I have three (+1) 12"Diameter pots: Are these big enough to get to any
significant size?

Save this one for the final pot-up:

12" H black plastic w/ 4 drain holes

This sounds like a 1#:

10" H plastic w/ 4 drain holes

Don't use either of these:

8" H ceramic w/ 1 drain holes

10" H ceramic w/ 0 drain holes

[newsfeeds spam snipped]

--
Eggs

-Did you know that dolphins are so intelligent that within only a few weeks
of captivity, they can train Americans to stand at the very edge of the
pool and throw them fish.