Old 05-08-2007, 03:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
Kay Lancaster Kay Lancaster is offline

Default Sick and Dying Ivy, what is it and how can I fix it?

On Sat, 04 Aug 2007 10:14:15 -0700, Billy Rose wrote:

"Pest" is way to immodest a word for English ivy. If anyone knows of
some method, short of herbicides or hard, vigilant work to remove it,
I'd love to hear it. Even when you pull it up, you have to stake it out
on hot dry ground or it will try and re-root.

Dog pee can set it back a bit. Though that might be considered an
herbicide g. I make ivy balls and park 'em on big
rocks (we have an abundance!) till they're nice and crispy...
Some of the local school classes have made 20 ft ivy balls in one day...

Kay