Old 05-08-2007, 07:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Manelli Family[_3_] Manelli Family[_3_] is offline

Default Tomato Sauce Recipe?

"rachael simpson" wrote in message
Manelli Family wrote:

"rachael simpson" wrote in message
thanks, already practice that one....now i just try to avoid anything I
know will make it "act" up. corn, popcorn, oatmeal, hard candies, seeds
of any type, corn chips & tortilla chips.... no fun cause most of that
is good stuff!

Wouldn't surgery cure that?

No, surgery isn't for all cases. Especially when the patient doesn't have
insurance! The surgery is mainly to repair ruptured areas, and the way to
keep from having ruptures is by diet. I just watch what I eat, & leave it
in the good lord's hands. I was first diagnosed when I was 12. Currently,
I have flare-up on average of 2 per year for the last 5 years. Two
flare-ups (once this year, once last year) were caused by my love of tacos
& tortilla chips.

My MD would only consider surgery in my case if it was a life or death
deal. If the colon ruptures, then it's the surgery factor, if it's not to
late by the time I get to the hospital....

Thanks for all the info. I had a friend years ago who had the surgery done
and she was fine. She did have good insurance though.

If interested in learning mo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diverticulitis

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/diverticulitis/DS00070

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/000257.htm