Old 05-08-2007, 10:21 PM
Stephen Murray Stephen Murray is offline
Registered User

Exclamation Unknown Plant vers 2

Help - why won't my photo upload? - NEW USER BTW
---------

I have a plant in my garden that has caused a neighbours 9 year old child (and her cousin) to have an allergic reaction in the form of a reddish rash (not itchy, but hot) forming eventually with small watery blisters on face and hands after several hours.

I have attached a pic of this plant with this thread. It started growing out of the blue so must have been wind borne. There are now about 4 of these plants. They have grown rapidly and I left them to see if they would flower - and they haven't. They've grown to about 5 ft tall in 3 months or so. The stems/branches have a strange fluorescent violet colour about them.
As the branches grow, they split into 3, form yellowish green leaves and eventually form little buds (but no flowers). The buds have 3 green segments which have white seeds inside and a white milky sap (like latex). The chidren were picking these buds and popping them in between their fingers.

Could anybody throw any light on whether or not this is a plant that is dangerous/toxic and coming into contact with would need medical attention.

Thanks.