Old 06-08-2007, 01:19 AM posted to rec.gardens
mleblanca mleblanca is offline

Default Mystery plant

On Aug 5, 9:15 am, loonyhiker wrote:
Thanks for all these suggestions but I don't think it is a fig. I
already have a fig tree and the leaves are not really fig like. I
think it is a flowering plant but just can't remember what flower.

So Loony, you are saying we are barking up the wrong tree, huh?

Well here is another 'guess'
Fatsia japonica, Japanese Aralia

My JA has 7 lobes, but some sources say it can have 5, so I'm going
to suggest it. The shape of the lobes is very similar. And the long,
tall
bare stems, with the leaves at the top.
The leaves on my plant look darker, but yours has
been growing inside a privet, so.........

What zone are you?

Emilie
NorCal