Old 06-08-2007, 11:13 AM posted to aus.gardens
David Hare-Scott David Hare-Scott is offline

Default yellow leaves on lemon tree

"giovani" wrote in message

"Luke" wrote in message
hi everyone,

i have a lemon tree and it's leaves are turning yellow, I'm not sure

what
could cause this can anyone help me out, is there any info i can give
you to
help fix this?
thanks luke

Had a similar problem some 30 years ago
Situation : WA, sandy white "soil"

A friend qualified in this area (ag science) advised me to apply a spray
of Molybdenum (sulphate??) to the leaves. He supplied me with (from
memory ... molybdenum sulphate ???? ... 30 years ago .. sorry)
This had the desired effect.

Yep, it could be a trace element deficiency. There are quite a few things
that cause leaf yellowing, I suggest starting with common ones (citrus are
heavy feeders of nitrogen) and going on to rarer ones if it don't improve.

David