Old 06-08-2007, 08:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Cutting brambles

"johngood_____" wrote in message
There is an area nearby completely overgrown with brambles, through which

need to clear a simple pathway.

It would seem to me the ideal thing would be a thin bladed sword to slash
through it. But I don't have one (and I have never seen a similar thing

in
garden tool shops). what would be an alternative method please? And would
someone recommend a specific tool, if there is one. ( I wouldn't want to

buy
a mechanical 'strimmer' just for this rarely occuring job). Thanks.

A long handled billhook, you can also get sickles with long handles that
would do the job. Alternatively hire/borrow a strimmer for the day.

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk