Old 06-08-2007, 12:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
NikV NikV is offline

Default Cutting brambles

"johngood_____" wrote in message
There is an area nearby completely overgrown with brambles, through which
I need to clear a simple pathway.

It would seem to me the ideal thing would be a thin bladed sword to slash
through it. But I don't have one (and I have never seen a similar thing
in garden tool shops). what would be an alternative method please? And
would someone recommend a specific tool, if there is one. ( I wouldn't
want to buy a mechanical 'strimmer' just for this rarely occuring job).
Thanks.

did a path through head high brambles with a pair of shears - about 10m
long - took a couple of mornings to completely clear, rake and bag up bits