Old 07-08-2007, 12:59 AM posted to rec.gardens
Seahag Seahag is offline

Default It's Raining!

"Nanzi" wrote:
"Seahag" wrote:
"rachael simpson" wrote:
Seahag wrote:
And there's a great sucking noise coming from the
garden!
Yippee!!

Seahag
Annapolis, MD

Hooray for you! Send me some, please!
parched in the sandhills of nc
rae

LOL, I would if I could! Sure wish it'd been a nice long
soaker rain.

Seahag

Hope you got more than we did on the DE/MD border about
halfway up or
down. The birds all appear when we run the sprinklers,
and cavort in
the spray and practically roll in the grass. The hummers
are a scream
hovering in it then turning backwards and fanning their
tails whilst
peeping. Nan in DE

I think we ended up with about 3/4 of an inch over all. It
misted and dripped all night after the initial rain. My
Buddy has hummer and 3 other bird feeders so there are
always plenty of birds. I watched a couple eating what
looked like big worms off the hickory tree before the rain.
I just love it when birds come by for a shower from the
hose. I mostly get barn swallows on the boat...love them
little boogers Raised one one time.

Seahag