Old 07-08-2007, 03:30 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly Eggs Zachtly is offline

Default non-fertilizing pre-emergent

Chas Hurst said:

I've got a growing infestation of annual bluegrass and bermuda grass. I
believe the time to apply a pre-emergent is soon here in SE PA.

Are you expecting a strong crop of winter-weeds?

Or am I wrong?

I'm pretty sure that's the case.

Is there a pre-emergent available without the fertilizer?

Why on earth would you want that?

I don't want to put fert on the lawn at this time of the year.

You probably don't want to put pre-emergent on the lawn at this time of the
year, either.

Think about that word (pre-emergent) for a minute.

Pre (Before. Prior to.) - Emerge (Come out into view, as from concealment.)

It needs to be put down /before/ the weed seeds germinate. That's early in
the Spring, in your neck o' the woods.

--

Eggs

I planted some bird seed. A bird came up. Now I don't know what to feed it.