Old 07-08-2007, 12:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Ann Ann is offline

Default Re(2): Tomato Sauce Recipe?

(Glenna Rose) expounded:

Are your serious, Billy? Stevia is banned?

I understand it is also widely used in England in powdered form. Why
doesn't Monsanto just pay farmers to grow it and market it? They can put
it in expensive little pink/green/purple/whatever packets too. Whoops,
guess we can't do that 'cuz it wouldn't be chemical free.

Stevia isn't 'banned', but it isn't allowed to be sold as a sweetner,
it's sold as a 'supplement'. And once again Monsanto strikes.
--
Ann
e-mail address is not checked