Old 07-08-2007, 01:15 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
jeffc jeffc is offline

Default Removing small roots from lawn

"Eggs Zachtly" wrote in message
I don't
need compost because the grass I'm transplanting comes with 3" of it's
own
"compost" - it's healthy grass with enough dirt underneath transplanted
with
it.

Ok. Then why do you need to cut the roots? You should be able to just lay
the sod right over them. It's the lesser of the two evils. You don't
understand trees, either.

Because the grass sod coming in has 4 inches of dirt with it, and I can't
dig out 4" of dirt with the roots there. Do you understand how to
transplant healthy grass?

and no the transplanted grass doesn't "suffer the same fate".

It will, if you don't get a grip on the acidity. Of course, the falling
tree could do more damage than the acid, I'll give ya that.

No, it won't. Been working for years. You act like pine needles fall in
one little 4 foot square on the lawn and magically avoid the rest. Frankly,
you don't seem too bright.